Are you planning on resetting notification or ringtone picker on your Android? If yes, then follow up while I take you through the different methods. Instances when want to set up a new ringtone, we tend to tap on the “Always” option.
In situations like this, the Android System, Sound Picker, or File Manager is set as the default app. If you want to clear default notification and set up a new ringtone, then study the quick tips below.
Best ways to Reset Notification and Ringtone Picker Defaults On Android
- Clear Media Storage Defaults
The media storage defaults should be cleared to do a nitrification reset. To do this –
- Go to your device settings.
- Locate “App Manager”.
- Locate the dots displayed on your screen, and select “Show System”.
- Having done that, locate and tap on the “Media Storage” option.
- Once opened, you will see an option that says “Open by default”. Tap on it and clear defaults.
If the above steps have failed you then you should move to this next method:
- Clear Android System Defaults
Similar to that of the media storage you should do the following;
- Open your device settings.
- Locate your “App Manager”, tap on the dots displayed on your screen, and select the “Show System” option.
- Hit the “Android System” button, tap on “Open by default”, and clear defaults.
- Clear Default For File Manager
Reset ringtones set by your File Manager by yielding to the procedures below;
- Open your device’s setting.
- Locate the “App Manager”, tap on the dots displayed on your screen.
- After that, locate the “File Manager”, and tap on the “Open by default” option.
- Clear defaults and select ringtones of your choice.
- Reset App Preferences
If after trying the above methods, and the issue persists, clearing your App Preferences should work out. However, defaults for all app preferences will be cleared. To do this:
- Launch the settings on your phone.
- Navigate to your “App Manager”.
- Like usual, tap on the three dots displayed and select Reset App Preferences.
- Tap on the pop up displayed to confirm, then you can select any notification sound of your choice
There we go! Note that the same procedures should be followed when doing this on any Android device.
Was this helpful?