Looking to enjoy the Android experience on your PC? Here’s a guide for you.
Android is widely seen as the ultimate smartphone operating platform. And with regards to its relative flexibility, there are certain Android games, apps and settings that are not supported on PC.
Nevertheless, you can still install and enjoy the Android experience on your computer. And we’ll be showing you how to do that in this tutorial.
How to Install Android on PC
Method 1: Via Remix OS
A notable mention here is Remix OS, which stands out as the standard Android installer for PC.
To to run the program, follow the steps below:
Note: You’d need a Flash drive or USB (with minimum of 8GB free space) for this procedure.
- Go to Remix OS download site and download the “.exe” installation package.
- Insert the USB drive into your PC.
- Run the installation package.
- Once the package is open, locate and select the ISO file in the folder.
- Select USB Drive as the installation medium (Type).
- Select the desired drive and click OK to proceed. This way, Remix OS is installed on the bootable USB drive.
- Now, restart computer.
- On the boot window, click the the designated F-key (F9 or F12) to open boot menu.
- In the menu, check if the Secure Boot option is turned on; if so, turn it off.
- Now, find and select Remix OS.
- And you are all set!
Method 2: Via VirtualBox
This also requires Remix OS, but the process here is generally less tedious.
To run this procedure, follow the steps below:
- Install VirtualBox on your PC.
- Download Remix OS and unzip it in a folder.
- Launch VirtualBox and select New > Linux > Other Linux (64-bit).
- Find and click on the Create a virtual hard disk now
- Select VDI > Continue > Yes.
- In the next window, right-click the virtual engine.
- Select Settings > Storage (tab).
- Locate the Controller: IDE option and click on the icon next to it.
- Select Remix OS (ISO file) > OK.
- Click Start to boot up the engine.
- Select “guest mode”.
- Press the prompted tab, input ‘vga=791’ and hit Enter.
- Find the “mouse integration” option in VirtualBox and disable it.
- And you’re all set!
Were you able to install Android OS on your PC? Share your practical experience with us. Drop us a comment below.