Ever come across the 0xc00007b error when running a GTA V on your PC. Players experience this error as a result of am incompatible running of files. Whenever the game is launched, the players get a message saying “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application”.
To illustrate, the game is created with the C++ language. So it needs a C++ compiler to run its files.
This error also occurs in other games, mostly GTA V. However, there are quick fixes to solve the problem.
How To Fix GTA V(0xc00007b) Error
The 0xc00007b error is triggered when the Microsoft visual has some installing issues on your PC. First, you should download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Once downloaded, you should then restart your PC and attempt to launch the game. If the problem persists, then follow the procedures below for a better fix.
Effective And Easier Method
- Download the above-mentioned file, it contains some files.
- Move out these files on your folder from any driver apart from the C drive.
- Press Win + R keys, put down MSconfig and click enter.
- Once the System Configuration is opened, locate the Boot tab.
- Locate the Safe boot menu and put down 999 seconds in the Time Out box.
- Restart your computer.
- Locate the C:/Windows/System32, copy and paste the downloaded file in the folder.
- Restart your computer and launch your game.
If the above method isn’t helpful, get the All In One Runtime installed on your PC. This will fix the bug issues on GTA V.
Another thing to take note of is ensuring that you have certain requirements, which will be listed below:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2009.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015.
- An updated graphics driver card.
- DirectX latest version.
Lastly, you can rerun GTA V after meeting up with its requirements aforementioned above. In case you experience any other GTA-related issues, do let us know. Comment below.