Today, we bring you a concise guide showing how to install Overwatch on PC. Herein, we’ll be showing you the necessary procedures to install and run OverWatch on your personal computer.
Overwatch is a high-end game from Blizzard Entertainment. And it’s common knowledge in the gaming world that Blizzard games are not your typical “click-install-run” games.
Typically, installing Overwatch (or any other Blizzard game) on PC requires a set of unique procedures, which we will be showing you in this tutorial. Read on!
System Requirements of OverWatch on PC
First off, it is important to note that Overwatch cannot be installed (and ran) on just any PC, as it requires a standard specs set to function properly.
Anyway, outlined below are the minimum system requirements of Overwatch (for PC):
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: 30GB Free Disk Space
- CPU: Core i3 (Intel) / Phemom X3 (AMD)
- GPU: HD Graphics 4400 (Intel) / GeForce GTX 460 (NVIDIA) / Radeon HD 4850 (ATI)
- Screen Resolution: 1024 by 768
- Internet: Broadband
If your PC meets the above requirements, you can proceed with the steps outlined below to install Overwatch.
How to Install Overwatch on PC
Follow the guidelines below to install Overwatch on your PC:
- Go here and install the Battlenet.net app on your PC.
- Sign in as appropriate.
- Locate Overwatch by the left-hand side of the window.
- Click on the Overwatch
- Select Install in the prompted window.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- And you’re all set!
It should, however, be noted that the above procedure is only applicable if you have purchased a copy of Overwatch. Hence, in case you need to download the digital copy of the game, after purchasing the physical copy, you can easily do so by “redeeming your code”, as described below:
- Navigate to your profile/account on the Battle.net app.
- Go to the Games
- Locate Overwatch and click on the Redeem a Code icon beneath the game.
- In the next window, go to the Shop
- Click on Services > Redeem a Code.
- Confirm action (if promoted).
Once you’ve claimed your code, follow the prompt commands to download and install a digital version of the game on your PC.
Was this helpful?