Windows 10 users have reported that sometimes the operating system’s firewall blocks Chrome without a cause. The Windows firewall has obstructed some features, and numerous users have complained about it. However, we’ve got you covered, if this happens to you as well. This tool works for different PC issues, repairing common computer problems, protect against file loss, malware, and so on.
Fix your computer errors in three easy steps:
- Download Restoro from here
- Click on ‘Start Scan’ to discover the issues on your computer
- Select ‘Repair All’ to fix the problems with patented technologies
Now, on to the Windows 10 firewall block issue. Learn how to fix it below.
Check the Windows Defender Firewall Permissions
- Firstly, verify the Windows Defender Firewall permissions for Google Chrome. Hold the Windows key and ‘S’ hotkey to open the search option
- Type ‘Windows Defender’ in the search box, and click to open ‘Windows Defender Firewall’
- Select ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall’ to open a new window
- Click on the ‘Change settings’ button
- Mark all the checkboxes for Google Chrome if they’re not already selected
- Tap on the ‘OK’ button
Disable VPN Adapters
- Press the Windows key and ‘X’ hotkey
- Choose ‘Device Manager’
- Click on the ‘Network adapters’
- Lastly, right-click network adapters listed there and select ‘Disable device’
Uninstall VPN Software
- Open ‘Run’ by clicking Run on the ‘Windows and ‘X” menu
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Open box, and select the ‘OKoption’
- Click on the VPN software listed within the uninstaller window
- Click ‘Uninstall’ to delete the software
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm
- Restart the device after uninstalling the VPN
Some users might still have to remove a remaining VPN network adapter.
- To do so, type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in ‘Run’ and select ‘OK,’ which opens a new window
- Right-click the VPN connection and select ‘Delete’
Turn Off Chrome Extensions
You might also need to turn off VPN or ad-blocker extensions to fix the firewall blocking Google Chrome.
- Click the ‘Customize Google Chrome’ button to start the process
- Select ‘More tools’ and ‘Settings’ which opens a new window
- Click the button at the bottom right of each extension to disable it
- Optionally, click on the ‘Remove’ buttons to delete extensions
Reset Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome will disable all its extensions, which might fix the ‘Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app’ issue.
- To do so, click on ‘Customize Google Chrome’ and select ‘Settings’
- Select the ‘Advanced’ button
- Click the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option
- Lastly, choose the ‘Reset settings’ button
Those solutions are confirmed to work by users that encountered the ‘Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app ‘ error. You can now browse with Google Chrome without the firewall blocking apps and features.