In this tutorial, we’ll be showing you how to stop people from adding you to group chats on WhatsApp.
Group chats on WhatsApp could be real nuisances, which is why WhatsApp hosts a feature that allows you to exit any group. However, what do you do if the admins of such groups keep adding you back?
Follow through this guide, as we bring you a simple workaround to this issue.
How to Stop People from Adding You to Group Chats on WhatsApp
If you’ve exited a group, and the admin adds you back to the group, you can easily stop such admin from doing so henceforth, by blocking his/her contact.
Blocking someone is pretty easy; nevertheless, we’ll be showing you how to go by it in this section. Simply follow the steps below:
- Launch your WhatsApp (if it’s not already open).
- Tap on the target group chat.
- In the chat’s window, click on the group’s title at the top of the window. This action will prompt up the group’s information, including a list of participants and the admin(s).
- Now that you know who the admin is, go back to the main chat window.
- Tap on the menu icon (the three-dot) at the right-hand corner of your screen.
- Select Settings > Account.
- Tap on Privacy > Blocked Accounts.
- Now, select the Add
- Find and select the target group admin’s contact.
- Finish up as prompted.
However, in the event that you don’t have the admin’s contact on your contact list, follow the alternative procedure outlined below:
- Navigate to the target group’s chat window.
- Tap on the title/subject of the group (at the top).
- Find the admin and tap on his/her number.
- On the prompted window, select Send Message (or similar command).
- In the next chat window, you’ll see a Block option at the top, right beneath the title/subject area.
- Tap on the Block
- Confirm action by tapping on Block again (as prompted).
Henceforth, after blocking the admin, he/she would not be able to add you to any group again.
Was this post helpful? Comment below.