Today, we will be showing you how to resolve the nagging League of Legends error code 004 problem.
Error 004 can occur due to a number of reasons such as excess cache, software conflicts as well as corrupt League of Legends installation.
Most of the time the issue can be fixed just be restarting the game client. However, if restarting the game client did not fix the issue, you can apply enlisted troubleshooting solutions below.
Fix: League of Legends Error Code 004
Solution 1: Clean Cache
Bloated cache on your PC can trigger the League of Legends error code 004 problem. Besides that, excess cache can make your PC to run slower. Therefore, you need to clear your computer cache. You can make use of dedicated cache cleaner such as CCleaner for this purpose.
Solution 2: Run as an Admin
You can run LoL game launcher as an administrator so as to fix the 004 problem.
Here’s how to do this:
- Right-click on LoL game launcher and select Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab, tick the “Run as an administrator” box.
- Again, click on Apply and then exit.
- Now, launch League of Legends afterwards.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
Solution 3: Reinstall League of Legends
Corrupt LoL configuration file can be responsible for the error 004 problem. Therefore, you need to reinstall League of Legends on your PC.
Here’s how to reinstall League of Legends:
- Go to Start menu
- Go to Settings
- From Settings, go to System > Apps & Features
- Locate and select the Garena – League of Legends
- Click on
Now, proceed to the original LoL game directory under Window Explorer, and remove all associated files/folders.
- Type “LoL” or “League of Legends” in the search bar of Windows Explorer.
- Click Enter.
- Delete any file/folder displays in the search result out.
Afterwards, you can then proceed to download League of Legends again from the official download site.
Note: Ensure you have a strong antivirus on your PC to prevent future corruptions of your game configuration files.
In conclusion, any of the solutions we enlisted above should fix the League of Legends error code 004 problem. If you encounter any LoL issue on your PC, let us know by comment below.
Hope you find this guide useful?