Google Play Store may be one of the biggest app repositories for Android users. However, Play Store users experience one issue or the other on the platform. One of the nagging issues is the ‘unknown install error 961’ problem. This error is usually experienced by premium app users while installing a paid app.
Android users who encounter this issue reported being unable to install an app even after being charged for it. Nonetheless, we will show you how to resolve this problem with these solutions.
Fix: Google Play Store Unknown Install Error 961
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
If you are using a cellular internet connection, you need to check whether you still have an active plan or not. Alternatively, you can switch to other modes of internet connectivity such as Broadband or Wi-Fi.
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Locate Google Play Store and then tap on it to reveal the app information
- Next, tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Restart your device afterwards.
- Then, find your way to Google Play Store
This should solve the Google Play Store error 961 problem. Alternatively, you can try the next solutions.
Solution 3: Re-Add Google Account
Re-adding your Google account can resolve the error 961 issue.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Google
- Next, click on Properties menu and then tap on Remove.
- Now, launch Play Store and then login again with your Google account details.
Solution 4: Use Recovery mode
If the aforementioned solutions did not resolve the problem, you can try this advanced method.
Here’s how to use recovery mode:
- Press the Power button and then tap on Power Off.
- Hold both the volume up/down and power button simultaneously until the Boot Mode Selection Menu is initiated.
- Use the volume down to navigate to ‘Recovery’, and then volume up to select. Press volume up/down concurrently.
- Navigate to ‘wipe cache’ and then use power button to select.
- Afterwards, use volume rocker to navigate to ‘reboot system now’ using the power button to select the option.
- Now, go to Play Store and download app(s) again.
Note: backup important files before proceeding with this solution.
Hope you were able to fix the unknown install error 961 problem? Let us know by dropping a comment below.