Google Play Store is a large repository of Android apps available for downloads. However, this platform is faced with a debacle of varying errors which are distinguished by error codes. One of such errors is the Play Store error 495 problem.
Many Android users who encountered the Play Store error 495 reported attempting to download apps from the Play Store over Wi-Fi. Regardless, we’ve got you covered with effective solutions which can eliminate this issue instantly.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 495
Solution 1: Change network connection
Play Store error 495 normally occurs while download apps over Wi-Fi connection. In order to fix this issue, it is highly recommended that you switch to other mode of internet connectivity such as Ethernet or mobile data connection (if you have enough data).
Alternatively, you can download the apk file for the application on your web browser and then install it manually on your Android device.
Solution 2: Re-add your Google Account
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Accounts option.
- Now, click on Google option.
- Tap on Remove.
- Reboot your Android device
- Afterwards, go to Settings > Accounts.
- Next, Add Account > Google Account. Enter your credentials and login.
- Launch Play Store afterwards.
Note: Ensure you remove all Google account on your Android device and then re-add them.
Solution 3: Clear Play Store Cache and Data
Follow these steps to clear Play Store cache and data:
- Press the Menu button > Settings > Application > Manage Applications> Play Store.
- Now, tap the Clear Cache
- Again, tap the Clear Data option.
- Afterwards, press and hold the Power button.
- From the list of options, tap on Reboot to reboot your phone.
- Finally, go to Play Store and re-download the app.
Solution 4: Install a VPN
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) might restrict your data usage most especially when downloading large apps with file size 2GB+ files which might cause the error 495 problem. Therefore, it is advised that you establish VPN connection before installing the problematic app.
Here’s how to install VPN:
- Download apk file for notable VPN and then manually install in on your Android device.
- Launch the app and then select USA as your country of connection.
- After establishing a connection, launch Play Store and check if the error 495 persists.
Hope you were able to fix the Play Store error 495 problem? Let us know by dropping a comment below.