In our previous posts, we’ve been addressing several Google Play Store errors and how to fix them.
Several Android users come across the error prompt “App could not be downloaded due to an error. (905).” during app download process. Possible reasons for this error includes corrupt data, failed updates or even inactive screen display.
On the other hand, TechHX will show you applicable workarounds to resolve this issue effectively.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 905
Solution 1: Uninstall Play Store Updates
Recent Play Store changes can halt the download operation thereby resulting in the Play Store error 905 problem. If you do experience this issue, the best workaround to apply is to uninstall Play Store updates.
Follow these steps to uninstall Play Store updates:
- On your home screen, go to Settings > Applications
- Locate and tap on Google Play Store on the list of installed applications
- Tap on the three vertical dots to reveal the Overflow menu.
- Now, tap the Uninstall updates option
- Follow the prompts.
- Afterwards, try to download new apps again from Play Store.
This solution usually works without reoccurrence. If you want another alternative solution, you may proceed to the next available solution.
Solution 2: Clear cache and data
Here’s how to clear cache and data:
- On your home screen, go to Settings > Applications > Google Play Store
- Now, tap the Clear Cache option and then tap on Clear Data option
- Afterwards, navigate to Google Play Services from the list of installed apps (Applications)
- Repeat step 2 as well for Google Play Services
- Furthermore, try to download new apps again from Play Store.
Solution 3: Turn Android Screen On
Sometimes, the Play Store error 905 may occur if the Android screen is off while download apps.
Nevertheless, here’s how to turn your Android screen on:
- Go to Settings app.
- Navigate to Display and then tap on Sleep.
- Select “Never” or longest time available to prevent your device from sleeping.
- Afterwards, rerun the download process on Google Play Store.
Hope you have resolved the Google Play Store 905 error problem? If you do experience any issue on your mobile or desktop device, let us know so we can provide the appropriate solutions for you.