Did you bump into “Google Play authentication is required” error on Google Play Store? In this post, we”ll show you how to resolve this error problem.
The “Google Play authentication is required” error is one of the myriads of errors Android users encounter on Google Play Store. Nevertheless, we will show you easy solutions to resolve this problem.
How to fix “Google Play authentication is required” error problem
Solution 1: Clear Google Play Cache and Data
By clearing Google Play cache, you can easily fix the Play Store error problem.
Follow these steps in order to do this
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Applications
- Locate the Google Play Store > Clear Cache and Data
- After clearing the cache, Force Stop Google Play Store.
- Now, Clear Data and Cache for Google Services Framework
- Restart your device and launch Google Play Store.
If you still encounter the Play Store error after trying this solution, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Re-add Google Account
By removing and then re-adding your Google account, you can fix the Google Play Store error.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Hence, Tap on Accounts option.
- Now, click on Google option.
- Tap on Remove. This removes your Google account.
- Afterwards, restart your android device and re-add your Google Account.
Alternatively, you can use another Google account to access Google Play or create a new Google Account.
Solution 3: Update Google Play Store
Follow these steps to update Google Play Store:
- Go to Setting > Go to Apps.
- Locate Google Play Store
- Now, Install Updates
- After installing the latest Google Play Store updates, restart your android device.
Solution 4: Manually install the application
You can proceed to apk download site to download the apk file of the application which resulted in the “Google Play authentication is required” error. Then copy the apk file onto your Android device for manual installation.
Finally, any of the solutions we enumerated above should quickly fix the “Google Play authentication is required” error. However, if you still experience this problem, then you should perform factory reset and then login to Google Play Store. Besides, Google Play Store provides you with numerous applications to magnify your Android device.
Was this helpful?