The League of Legends black screen is a problem sometimes encountered by gamers when attempting to launch the League of Legends game on Windows 10. When this happens, the display screen goes black, forcing the gamer to restart the computer.
Nevertheless, the black screen problem associated with launching the League of Legends game is a temporary issue that would be spotted and fixed by the developers in the next update. Regardless, we have come up with applicable solutions to fix this issue.
Fix: League of Legends Black Screen
Solution 1: Disable PC’s display scaling.
Follow the steps listed below to fix the League of Legends black screen:
- From your desktop display, right-click on the League of Legends launcher
- Click on properties
- Click on ‘Compatibility’
- Uncheck the ‘Compatibility mode’ by clicking in the marked box
- Check the ‘disable display scaling on high DPI settings’ by clicking in the box. Ensure that the box is marked or checked.
- Check the ‘run as administrator’ box.
With these simple steps, you should be able to successfully launch the League of Legends game on your Windows 10 PC without facing any issues.
Solution 2: Disable some startup items
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to start menu (if you are using Windows 10, all you need is the ‘search the web and Windows’ bar or ‘I am Cortana, ask me anything’ bar)
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the ‘search the web and windows bar
- Press the enter button on your keyboard after typing ‘msconfig’
- On the displayed windows screen, click on ‘Services’
- Check the ‘Hide all Microsoft services box, make sure it is marked or checked.
- Click on the ‘Disable all’ button
- Click on the ‘Startup’ tab
- Now, click on ‘Open Task Manager’ displayed
- Right-click on each displayed task
- Click on ‘Disable’ in the displayed options
- After disabling all of the tasks in the ‘Task Manager’ close the task manager
- Reboot your computer
Note: Clean booting enables your computer to channel maximum resources in launching the League of Legends game.
With these two solutions, you should be able to fix the League of Legends black screen problem.
Share your experience with us by dropping a comment below.