Does VLC frequently crash on your Windows 10 PC?
VLC is one of the most used media player. It can be used on PC and mobile phones. VLC Media Player can play any video format thrown at it. It has a very intriguing feature that allows user control the screen; decide its brightness, volume and more. The player quality is brilliant and clear. It rates 4.4 stars on Google Play Store with over 1million review.
Recently, many users have complained about VLC crashes on their window but we will be showing you how to resolve this problem.
Fix: VLC crash Windows 10
There are two major ways to fix VLC crashes on your PC. To fix VLC crashes, apply any of the solutions enlisted below:
Solution 1: Reset Settings
To reset settings, there are steps to Take. Firstly, you should locate your VLC settings. To do this:
- Open VLC Media Player > Press Ctrl P. This will open the VLC Preferences.
- Click on Reset Preferences > Click OK.
- Restart VLC afterwards.
This should resolve the VLC crashing problem. However, if you still experience the problem, you can try other solutions below.
Solution 2: Reinstall VLC Media Player
Here’s how to this:
For Windows 7:
- Click on the Start > Control Panel > Program > Programs and Features
- On the list of programs, locate VLC Media Player, click on the program and then click on “Uninstall/Change”.
- Follow the prompts to complete uninstall process.
For Windows 8:
- Click on Start menu, select “Programs and Features”
- Locate and Click on VLC Media Player.
- Now, select “Uninstall”
For Windows 10:
- Click the Start button, and then select “Settings”
- Click on “System”
- Now, Select “Apps & Features” in the left-hand sidebar
- Scroll down to locate VLC Media Player
- Click “Uninstall” and then confirm the uninstall in the pop-up window by clicking “Uninstall”
Note: After completing the uninstall process, you can then proceed to download VLC from the official website.
Finally, the listed solutions above should fix the VLC crashes on your Windows 10 PC.
Hope you find this post helpful?