Are your AirPods not as loud as you’d like them to be? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many users have reported the same issue, but there are some simple fixes that can help.
First, it’s important to understand why your AirPods may not be reaching the volume you want. One possible reason is that debris, such as earwax or sweat, can build up on the speaker mesh and decrease the volume. In this case, simply cleaning your AirPods with a soft, dry toothbrush can help. Avoid using water or soap, as the first two generations of AirPods are not water-resistant.
Another potential reason for low volume is the presence of a volume limit. Many manufacturers, including Apple, include this feature to protect your hearing. However, some users may find it frustrating and want to increase the volume. To turn off the volume limit on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu and select “Sound and Haptics”
- Under “Headphone Audio”, choose “Headphone Safety”
- Use the “Reduce Loud Sounds” option to turn off the volume limit
Updating the software on your device can also help with low volume issues. Outdated software can cause a range of technical problems, including lower-than-desired volume levels and difficulty connecting to your device. To update your software, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu
- Select “General” and then “Software Update”
- If the “Update Now” option is available, use it to update your software
Finally, synchronization issues between your Bluetooth devices can also cause low volume on your AirPods. To fix this, try disconnecting and reconnecting your Bluetooth devices. Here’s how:
- Connect your iPhone to your AirPods through Bluetooth and put them on
- Start playing a song and decrease the volume to zero
- Disconnect your AirPods and play a song on the speaker of your device
- Decrease the volume on your iPhone to zero
- Re-activate Bluetooth and connect your iPhone to your AirPods again
Try these methods one at a time to see which one solves your low volume issue with your AirPods. Apple currently offers three different wireless earbuds, including the all-new noise-canceling AirPods Pro (2nd generation).