It’s been more than ten years since Google released the first version of the Google Chrome browser. Recently, Google Chrome 77 Beta launched with improvements and fixes.
The browser became popular among users, gaining a significant share in a few months. The popularity encouraged Google to release separate versions for OS X and Linux almost one year later. In 2010 Chrome 5.0 became the first stable version which was usable across the three major platforms.
Google experimented with lots of new features for Chrome, with many of them being dedicated to web developers. It is credited with a pivotal role in making HTML 5 a wide-spread standard, bringing the downfall of Adobe Flash.
An official Android version was released with Android 4.4, offering many of the functions encountered in the standard 76 release. Since then, Chrome is pre-loaded on most Android smartphones. Read below to learn more about the features offered by the browser.
Google Chrome Features
- Faster, smarter batter – Browse faster with the help of personalized search results which appear as soon as you begin to type the query. Jump quickly to pages which were visited in the past and skip forms with the help of the auto-fill feature.
- Keep your activity private – Use the Incognito mode to browse the internet without traces. The activity will not be saved, and there will be no history to delete.
- Always synchronized – Sign in to Chrome with your Google account to sync bookmarks, logins, passwords, and other settings across your devices, including smartphones, laptops, and desktops.
- Built with media in time – Chrome has been designed from the ground up to deliver a remarkable experience. Access your favorite websites from the new tab pages. Search for something without the need to open a new tab manually by using the tap to search feature.
- Translate pages instantly – Use the built-in feature to translate entire pages with a single tap.
- Lite mode – Activate lite mode to save mobile data.
Google Chrome 77 Beta Launched With Improvements And Fixes
The latest Chrome beta version, Google Chrome 77 Beta (77.0.3865.43 build), comes with new performance improvements.