Long are the days when crazy scary Trojan viruses made your computer explode. But that does not mean that the present is virus-free. The virus game has shifted to spying and stealing data. A hacker or group of hackers prefer to access your information without you knowing about it. That’s why having an antivirus solution like Norton Antivirus on your Windows PC.
Modern digital threats
The average user is not a primary target for hacker groups as companies are juicier to the cybercriminals. But the average Joe is just a cog in a large machine that has data to give. The data is used to establish patterns that are usually related to sales and marketing.
This data is often used to one company’s benefit over the other as corporations have gone into int hacking game by using third parties. Your browser can also “innocently” access this data and use it to give you specialized ads.
There are reported instances where a user’s entire computer gets frozen. This device hijack makes the device utterly inaccessible until a ransom is paid to the hacker. This type of virus needs to be directed to the right individual, as they need to have sensitive data on their computer and the means to pay the ransom.
Norton Antivirus features
- The essential subscription protects your OS
- Enable Extensions for full protection against browsing threats
- Manages your hard drive and clears out the cache
- Dangerous downloads are blocked
- Gives alerts on suspicious programs before installation
Supported OS for Norton Antivirus
- Windows 10 – fully supported
- Windows 8 – mostly supported
- Windows 7 – fully supported
- Windows Vista – partially supported
- Windows XP – partially supported
- macOS 10.10.x and above – mainly supported
- Android 4.4 and above – fully supported
- iOS 8 and above – fully supported
How to Download Norton Antivirus on Windows PC
- Go to the official website and click on Try Now
- Find the save location for your browser and install Norton Antivirus
- Wait for the automated installation to complete
- Click enable all extensions on the window after installation
That’s it! Now you can enjoy Norton Antivirus on Windows PC