Do you want to block unwanted messages on your iOS device? Follow through this post to do so.
Unwanted SMS or text messages on your iOS device can be pretty annoying most especially when it emanates from spammers, stalkers or even telemarketers. However, iPhone not only allows you to block unwanted calls but also allows you to block unwanted messages as well.
How to block unwanted messages on your iOS devices
Method 1: Block messages from unknown senders
It is a common knowledge that spam messages usually from numbers not stored in your contact list. Therefore, you should consider blocking messages from unknown senders.
Here’s how to block messages from unknown senders on iPhone:
- Go to Settings
- In the settings menu, go ahead to tap the Messages Tab
- In the Messages Tab, toggle on Filter Unknown Senders. This will bring the Messages app prompt to block unknown senders.
By applying these steps, you won’t receive unwanted text messages. However, if the unwanted messages come from a known contact stored on your device, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Block messages from an individual contact
If you are consistently receive messages from a particular contact on your contact list, you can easily block them as well on your iOS device.
- Launch the iMessages App.
- Tap on the I This is located on the top of the display screen.
- Now, tap on the name of the individual.
- Scroll down the information display screen and tap Block This Caller.
- Voila! That’s it.
In addition, you can also block other SNS app for the annoying contact from the app settings.
- Manually add the contact to block list
Another method of preventing unwanted messages is to manually add the contact to a Blocked list from your device settings.
- Go to Settings> Messages> Blocked.
- Then add the contact manually to the blocked list.
Alternatively, you can also report messages by using the Report Junk option for the spammy messages.
Was this helpful?