FaceApp is a mobile app developed by Wireless Lab, a Russian company in Jan 2017. The app uses AI to alter faces in photographs to make it look older, younger, smile or change sex.
The dangers of using FaceApp
However, FaceApp’s terms and conditions give the app owners the permission to use uploaded images for commercial purposes and also store these images after users have deleted the app from their mobile devices. The terms and conditions also grant the owner permission to send the user’s data to any place it chose to.
Although the app has more than 80 million users, reports reaching FaceApp users claim that it is dangerous to keep FaceApp installed on their mobile devices. For these reasons, more users are beginning to worry about uninstalling FaceApp from their mobile devices.
How to uninstall FaceApp from Android devices
If you wish to uninstall FaceApp from your Android device, follow these simple steps.
- Launch your Google Play Store
- Tap on the menu options at the top-left of the Play Store page (three horizontal bars)
- Tap on ‘My apps & games’ >> ‘INSTALLED’
- Scroll through the list of installed apps
- Tap on ‘FaceApp’ >> tap on ‘UNINSTALL’ to begin the uninstallation process.
- Launch the Settings app of your mobile device
- Navigate through to ‘Apps’ and tap on it
- Search through the list of apps to locate FaceApp
- Tap on ‘FaceApp’ to direct you to its info page.
- On the ‘App info’ page, tap on ‘UNINSTALL’ to uninstall FaceApp from your device.
How to uninstall FaceApp from iOS devices
- Launch your iOS device’s settings >> tap on ‘General’
- On the ‘General’ page, tap on ‘iPhone Storage’
- Locate and select the ‘FaceApp’ app
- Tap on ‘Delete app’ >> tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
- Hold down on the FaceApp app till it wriggles
- Tap on the ‘x’ in a circle to delete.
- Tap on ‘Delete’ to confirm your action.
Deleting FaceApp data from FaceApp servers
Uninstalling FaceApp from your device does not automatically delete your data from FaceApp servers.
To have your data removed from FaceApp servers, follow the steps below
- Launch FaceApp on your device
- Open the FaceApp’s settings
- Tap on ‘Support’ > ‘Report a bug’
- Use ‘Privacy’ as the subject, > send to have your data deleted within 48 hours.
Note: this should be done before uninstalling the app from your device.
Do you like this post J ?