YouTube 500 internal server error is an error message that prevents some users from accessing YouTube.
Users that experience this error often see the following error notification on their screen. ‘Sorry, something went wrong. A team of ….:’
This error is most often caused by YouTube servers when the servers are down for some reasons.
If you encounter this error from YouTube, here are some simple fixes you can try out to remedy the situation.
Fix: YouTube 500 Internal Server Error
Solution 1: Refresh the YouTube page
The error may be temporary, refreshing YouTube page may be all you need to do to solve this issue.
- Tap on the F5 key to refresh or tap on the refresh icon on your web browser.
Solution 2: Close and restart your browser
If closing and restarting your browser did not solve the issue, try using another browser to access YouTube. Recommended browsers that works with YouTube includes Opera(Chromium versions), Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
Solution 3: Use Google Chrome browser to access YouTube
Before using Chrome browser to access YouTube, it is advisable you delete all cookies and clear the browser’s cache.
To do so, follow the procedures highlighted below:
- Launch your Chrome browser
- Click on ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ (the three vertical dots at the top-right of your Chrome browser) and click on ‘Settings’.
- While in the settings, click on ‘Advanced’
- In the ‘Advanced’ page, click on ‘Clear browsing data’ at the bottom-left.
- To clear browsing data, select ‘the beginning of time’ from the drop-down menu for ‘Clearing the following items from…’
- Make sure that ‘Cached images and files’ and ‘Cookies and other site data’ boxes are ticked or checked.
- Finally, click on ‘Clear Browsing Data’ at the bottom-right of the page
- Exit the settings, restart your Chrome browser and try accessing YouTube once again.
Solution 4: Restart your router
If you are connected to the internet via a router, you should restart your router and try accessing the YouTube page.
Solution 5: Contact YouTube support team
If after trying all of the fixes described above and you are not able to resolve the issue, you should contact YouTube support via:
- Phone: 1 (650) 253-0000
- YouTube’s social media handle: YouTube Facebook page, Twitter page or Instagram page and state the exact error you are experiencing.
Was this helpful?