There might be various reasons to unlink your Facebook account from Instagram, one good reason to unlink your Facebook account from your Instagram account is security.
Besides, unlinking both accounts prevents hackers from gaining automatic access to both your Facebook and Instagram account if by chance you fall a victim of Instagram or Facebook hackers.
How to Unlink your Facebook account from your Instagram account on Android
Whatever your reasons may be, follow the steps described below to unlink your Facebook account from your Instagram account.
- Launch the Instagram app on your android device from your launcher
- Log into your Instagram account if you have to
- Navigate to your profile
- Tap on the menu in the form of three horizontal bars
- Tap on the displayed settings icon from the menu options
- Select ‘Account’ with a single tap
- Select ‘Linked Accounts’ with a single tap
- From the displayed options, select ‘Facebook’ with a single tap
- Select ‘Unlink’ from the displayed option
- You should tap ‘Unlink’ again to confirm that you want to unlink the two accounts.
If your Instagram page is a business Instagram account, you should switch to a personal Instagram account first before proceeding to unlink your Facebook account.
Follow the steps below to switch your business account back to normal Instagram account.
- Access your Instagram’s business settings
- From the ‘Business Settings’, tap on ‘Switch Back to Personal Account’
- Confirm the switch to proceed
After unlinking your Facebook account from your Instagram account, your new posts will no longer appear on Facebook. Also, your friends on Facebook will no longer receive prompts from your Instagram account anytime they use their photo-sharing app.
If you decide to link both accounts together again, go to link accounts from your Instagram settings and link both accounts together.
Was this helpful?