This post is for those who want to learn how to install Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta. Apple introduced the first public beta. This public review comes with nice features in Catalina. You can also observe the progress achieved, and report any issue.
By becoming a member of the Apple Public Beta Program, you have the opportunity to try updates like IOS 13, TVOS13, and IPadOS.
In addition, there are certain things to look out for in this Catalina beta. Three separate apps will take the place of iTunes app, and they are Apple music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts. Mac users can run the iPads apps, and use it as a second screen.
On the other hand, the Catalina Public Beta can be downloaded for free. But, know that you might experience difficulty running the software. The app is not fully optimized, users may experience bug issues. Apps may not function properly, they may not have all the features. Those are the challenges you should be willing to face.
Download And Install Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta
This public beta comes with a lot of bugs. Users can use the handy tool to make bug-related complaints. Now you might want to skip the beta running process, and wait for the OS. You should try these.
Also, make sure you back up your contents on your drive. In case things go otherwise, you would be able to access your information. Use the Mac built-in Time Machine Backup, or Mac backup apps. After doing all these, follow procedures that are outlined below.
- Open the Apple’s public beta software page.
- An Apple ID is required to join the beta program(sign in or create one).
- After signing in, open the Mac OS tab, and read the procedures given.
- Skip to step 8 if you’ve installed the beta software before. If not, continue with the process.
- First time users should install the MacOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- The utility supports the public beta download process.
- Tap on download beta.
- The public beta should be displayed as an upgrade in the system preferences option.
- Click on Upgrade Now to start the download process.
- Launch it, and follow the steps given for installation.
You will be notified on any software updates.
Was this helpful?