Mario Kart is one of the most amazing racing games players love to play. Nintendo sold more than 400,000 units on its release thus making it the best-selling Mario Kart games of all times.
However, the game is not without issues as lovers of the game have taken to many tech forums to lay various complaints about the game. Mario Kart 8 crash on start-up is one of the complaints from game players.
This problem can be as a result of incompatibility of the latest version of the AMD video card driver with the Cemu Emulator. If your Mario Kart 8 crashes on start-up, then you should try out any of the fixes described below.
How to Fix Mario Kart 8 crash on start-up
Solution 1: Downgrade AMD video card driver
Downgrade the AMD video card driver to an earlier version, you may want to try using version 17.1.2. To do this, follow the steps listed below.
- Open your device manager > ‘Display adapter’ > ‘GPU’
- Right-click on ‘GPU’ and select Uninstall from the options displayed to uninstall the current driver.
- Download and install an older version of the driver
- Restart your PC
- Go to the device manager. You can access the device manager by typing ‘device manager’ in the search bar of your start menu.
- In the device manager, double-click on ‘Display adapters’ > GPU
- Right-click on GPU, click on ‘properties’ from the displayed options
- Click on ‘Driver’ > ‘Roll Back Driver’ > ‘OK’ to roll back the driver to an earlier version.
- Launch the AMD Control Panel; it should open successfully after crashing once or twice.
Once it opens, then you have succeeded in rolling back your AMD video card driver to an older version of 17.1.2.
Other Solutions to fix the Mario Kart crash
- Use Nintendo 3DS Download Repair Tool
- Force-restart your PC
- Run Windows Update
Was this helpful?