Play Store related errors are conspicuously encountered by Android users while downloading new app(s) or installing app updates. One of such errors is the Google Play Store error 911 problem.
Error 911 problem is usually indicated with the prompt saying: “App could not be downloaded due to an error 911”.
Some of the reasons for this frustrating error is faulty network connection, poorly configured APN settings or even conflicting Play Store cache. Nonetheless, let’s take a look at some of the solutions to fix this error problem.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 911
Solution 1: Set the correct date and time
Incorrect time settings can affect the internet connection thereby resulting in the error 911 problem. Therefore, you need to set the correct date and time before using your internet connection to perform Play Store operations.
Here’s how to set the correct date and time:
- Go to Settings > Locate and tap on Date & Time.
- Check the “Automatic Date & Time” option. Or manually set the correct date and time + Time Zone.
- Then, reconnect to the internet and then launch Play Store.
- Now, download the concerned app again.
Solution 2: Reset network connection
You can reset your network connection so as to fix the frustrating error 911 problem.
Here’s how to reset network connection:
- Go to Settings > Tap on the More Networks menu
- Locate the Airplane mode option and then tap on it to toggle it On.
- Wait for 25 seconds and then toggle the Airplane mode Off.
- Next, launch Google Play Store to re-download the concerned app(s)
Alternatively, you may consider switching your mode of internet connectivity from one Wi-Fi network to another or from mobile data connection to Wi-Fi and Vice Versa. This should resolve the Google Play Store error 911 instantaneously.
Solution 3: Clear Proxy Option
Proxy connections can cause the nagging error 911 problem. Therefore, you should clear your proxy option so as to fix the problem.
- Go to Settings > More Networks (or Wireless and Networks in some devices) > Mobile Networks.
- Next, select Access Point Name(APN) and then Tap on Clear Proxy option.
- Now, launch Google Play Store and proceed with app(s) download.
Finally, any of the above-mentioned workarounds should systemically fix the Google Play Store error 911 problem. If you encounter any issue with your Android device, let us know by dropping a comment below.