At times, the ultimate solution to resolve certain issues in League of Legends (and many other apps) would be to uninstall and reinstall the game..
However, as simple as it sounds, a lot of gamers do NOT know how to uninstall League of Legends from their computer (PC/Mac). If you belong to this category, here’s a solution for you.
In this piece, we’ll be showing you how to uninstall League of Legends on PC and Mac.
How to Uninstall League of Legends
Method 1: Uninstall League of Legends on Windows PC
It’s an open secret that most League of Legends players run the game on PC. So, our first guide in this tutorial will show you how to uninstall the game on Windows.
Follow the steps below to uninstall League of Legends on Windows 7 (and Window 10):
- Open Start menu: click on the “Windows” icon on your desktop window.
- Select Control Panel (or “Settings” on Windows 10).
- Click on Programs and Features (or “System” > “Apps & Features” on Windows 10).
- Locate and select Garena – League of Legends.
- Click on
- Confirm action, as prompted.
Now, proceed to the original directory of the game (under Window Explorer), and remove all files/folders associated with the game.
- Type “LoL” and “League of Legends” in the search bar of Windows Explorer.
- Click Enter.
- Delete any file/folder that pops out.
At times, you may encounter some issues while trying to uninstall/remove the game (or associated files). In this case, you can download CCleaner, and use it to remove/clear the game’s files from your PC.
Method 2: Uninstall League of Legends on Mac PC
Uninstalling League of Legends on Mac is quite simple, just as it’s on Windows PC.
Follow the steps below to uninstall the game from your Mac:
- Navigate to the Applications
- Locate League of Legends.
- Click on it and drag to “Trash”.
- Empty the “Trash”.
- Exit window.
After this, you can proceed to remove other LoL files from your device.
- Go back to Applications.
- Input “league of legends” or “lol” in the search box and click Enter.
- Drag all the files/folders that pop out to the “Trash”.
- Empty “Trash”.
- You are all set!
You can then reinstall a complete package of the game on your Mac.
Hope you find this post helpful?