Did you encounter Google Play Store error 18? Don’t panic, we have effective solutions for you.
Several Android users reported that they experienced Google Play Store error 18 while install an app while the error code pops up. The error code displays indicating that the app could not be downloaded. Moreover, this Play Store error occurs on during installation or update of popular apps such as Instagram, Facebook, Viber, Twitter, and more.
Nevertheless, we will show you how to fix this error problem with quick and easy solutions.
Fix: Google Play Store error 18
Solution 1: Reboot your device
Here’s how to reboot your device:
- Press and hold the “Power” button until the power menu appears.
- Select “Restart“.
- Wait for your device to restart.
- Afterwards, try to download the app again.
This should solve the Google Play Store error 18
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Data
Here’s how to do this
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Locate the Google Play Store > Clear Cache and Data
- Now, Clear Data and Cache for Google Services Framework
- Afterwards, Restart your device and try to download the app.
Solution 3: Unmount SD card
Follow these steps to unmount SD card
- Go to Setting > Storage
- Scroll down and select “Unmount SD card”
- Open Google Play Store
- Download the problematic app again
- After successful installation, go back to Settings
- Now, Storage > tap on “mount SD card”
Note: If you are still unable to install the app after unmounting the SD card, try to remove the SD card before installing. Alternatively, you can replace the SD card and then install the app.
Solution 4: Uninstall Google Play Store Updates
Follow these steps to uninstall Google Play Store updates:
- On your app drawer, launch Settings
- Go to Applications or Apps.
- Locate Google Play Store > Uninstall Updates
- After uninstalling the updates, ensure you restart your Android device.
If the error code 18 problem still occurs (which is very rare), then you should update the Google Play Store to the latest version.
Hope you find this helpful?