The smartphone market is growing more than ever, and the $200-$250 price segment is receiving a lot of devices that can compete with one and other. About a battle for the consumers choice, we are going to talk today. In one corner we have Realme 3 Pro, and in another corner, we have Samsung Galaxy M30. Let’s talk about each other and make a comparison for deciding which one is the best.
Realme 3 Pro – the sub-brand Realme has created its niche by providing top-notch hardware, excellent cameras, and a good software user experience. At the same time, Realme 3 Pro can be compared to the Redmi Note 7 Pro, and it can also compete with it.
Samsung Galaxy M30 – Samsung has been targeting this niche too, and it came with a refresh for the mid-range. Regarding Samsung Galaxy M30, the reviews are good, sporting a super AMOLED display and a big battery. So what decision you should take? Let’s see the comparison between the two models.
- The Design – looking at both devices, the material is from polycarbonate, which is resistant to damage, but the scrape will be present too. The design is suitable for both of the device, only that the Realme 3 Pro is a bit more stylish with its color scheme and the gold trim around the cameras from the rear. What is more interesting is the fact that from the front they look similar to each other. The difference is that the Realme 3 Pro has a Micro-USB Port; otherwise, both even have the same weight.
- The Display – here we have a difference between the two displays indeed. Realme 3 Pro has a 6.3 inches IPS LCD, while Samsung Galaxy M30 has a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display. The difference is seen again in the deep black and vibrant color of the M30 display, and you can’t beat the Super AMOLED panel with its screen saturation level and color profiles. Don’t worry, with the Realme 3 Pro you can change the saturation levels too, but it’s not the same. To conclude with the display features, both phones are supporting the Widevine L1 DRM, so streaming at high resolution is possible.
- The Performance – at the performance department, the differences are low, actually just one, the processor. The Realme 3 Pro has a Snapdragon 710 chipset, and the Galaxy M30 has an Exynos 7904 chipset. It is clear that the Realme is more potent than M30, and it will keep up with every task you will give it. On the other hand, a slow processor wouldn’t keep up with the games. The graphics section is the one that is making a big difference. Why? Because the Realme 3 Pro has an Andreno 616 GPU which can support high frame rates and the M30 has Mali G71 MP 2, which is the medium graphics option. Otherwise, you will have at both phones a 4/6GB of RAM with 64/128 GB storage and a micro SD expansion.
- The Battery – this one is though. The Realme 3 Pro has a bigger battery (4.000 mAh) and the VOOC 3.0 charging. On the other side, you have M30 with 5.000 mAh battery, and the 15 W charger included.
- The Camera – the Realme 3 Pro comes with a dual-camera setup on the back, with 16MP, ƒ/1.7 and 5MP depth sensor, and on the front, it has a 25MP camera. On the other side, the Galaxy M30 has a triple-camera combination with 13MP, ƒ/1.9, a 5MP ultra-wide camera + a 5MP depth sensor. The front camera has 16MP. Also, the Realme 3 Pro is capturing 4K videos at 30FPS and super slow-motion at 960 FPS, but the M30 has a Full HD video recording.
- The Software – Samsung Galaxy M30 is running an Android Oreo and a Samsung Experience 9.5 UI. The software doesn’t have slowdowns on the interface, and other features are included in the entire device experience. Going to the Realme 3 Pro, the device runs an Android Pie, with Color OS 6, but the software is a little bit unpolished, so it needs some works to be done.
Which one is worthy? Between the Realme 3 Pro and Samsung Galaxy M30, Realme deserves the money because of better performance, a large battery that lasts, and a better camera. The prices are between $200 and $250 for the Realme 3 Pro, but it doesn’t mean that Samsung Galaxy M30 is a bad phone. It’s all up to you and your needs.