Microsoft Flight Simulator will feature a total of up to 40 airports available for you to use depending on the edition you purchase.
Every single airport in the world can be seen, but only a handful will allow you to takeoff and land.
Latest news – New Planes and Airports Trailer
There’s officially a new exciting trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020!
You can watch it in full below:
This trailer covers all of the planes and hand-craft airports in the game – giving us some stunning visuals that have us all ready for the closed beta period.
Flight Simulator 2020 airports
These are all the airports available on the Standard Edition of the game:
- Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Bugalaga Aitrstrip (CAMA) (Indonesia)
- Chagual Airport (Peru)
- Courchevel Altiport (France)
- Donegal Airport (Ireland)
- Entebbe International Airport (Uganda)
- Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport (Portugal)
- Gibraltar International Airport (Gibraltar, UK)
- Innsbruck Airport (Austria)
- Los Angeles International Airport (California, USA)
- Tenzing-Hillary Aiport (Nepal)
- Nanwalek Airport (Alaska, USA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York, USA)
- Orlando International Airport (Florida, USA)
- Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (France)
- Paro International Airport (Bhutan)
- Queenstown Airport (New Zealand)
- Mariscal Sucre International Airport (Ecuador)
- Rio de Janeiro-Antonio Carlos Jobim/Gaelao Int’l Aiport (Brazil)
- Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport (Dutch Saba)
- Gustaf III Airport (France, Saint Barthelemy)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Washington, USA)
- Sedona Airport (Arizona, USA)
- Sirena Aerodrome (Costa Rica)
- Stewart Airport (British Columbia, Canada)
- Sydney Airport (Australia)
- Telluride Regional Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Haneda Airport (Japan)
- Toncontin International Airport (Honduras)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (Ontario, Canada)
Additonal Airports for Deluxe and Premium Editions
If you move for one of the more lucrative Editions of Flight Simulator 2020, you will receive additional airports alongside additional aicraft.
In the Deluxe Edition, you will receive the following airports on top of all of those included in the Standard Edition:
- Amsterdam Aiport Schipol (Netherlands)
- Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
- Cape Town International Airport (South Africa)
- O’Hare International Airport (Chicago, USA)
- Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas (Spain)
In the Premium Edition, you will receive the following airports on top of all of those included in the Standard and Deluxe Editions:
- Denver International Airport (Colorado, USA)
- Dubai International Airport (UAE)
- Frankfurt Airport (Germany)
- Heathrow Airport (UK)
- San Francisco International Airport (California, USA)
READ MORE: Pre-order Microsoft Flight Simulator
For a comprehensive overview of which airports are available for each Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 edition, you can read over the following chart:
While this will undoubtedly be a let down to some fans, the sheer number of airports to be seen in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is not to be taken lightly. You’ll still get plenty bang for your buck.
Where to start?
The game will be powered by Asobo’s in-house engine – and use Bing Maps data and Azure AI to generate photorealistic scans of buildings and the environments.
There will also be realistic weather and physics systems – which ill affect aircraft behaviour.
Real world data will be used, so if it’s raining somewhere in the world, it’ll rain in that area in the game. Roads and airports will also be fully populated.
A flight model engine allows for all 3D forces and moments to be fully simulated.
When it comes to airports, the developers used a three-step process to render them in-game. They first used a Bing aerial map, before defining surfaces and applying post-processing.
Other details, such as windsocks that blow in the wind, and luggage being loaded on to planes help add to the level of realism.
Microsoft Flight Simulator will release on Tuesday, 18 August 2020.
It will be available on PC and Xbox One, with pre-orders already open!
The post *UPDATED* Microsoft Flight Simulator: Airport List, Trailer, Edition Bonuses, Release Date, Graphics & More appeared first on RealSport.