Minecraft not responding on your PC? Here’s what to do.
Minecraft, from Mojang, is an epic open-world desktop game, with extended support for Android and iOS mobile platforms. This makes it one of the most played cross platform games around.
However, an issue that has been blighting the game’s integrity is the “Minecraft not responding” error, which has been encountered on even the most standard of PCs (it’s not limited to low-end PCs).
To resolve this, herein are some solutions.
How to Fix Minecraft Not Responding
Below are some of the fixes to try:
Note: Before running any fix, force-close the game and restart PC. If the error persists, proceed.
Method 1: Run as Admin
Before trying any workaround that would alter the flow of your system, log into your PC as an Administrator, and proceed as follow:
- Go to Minecraft’s main directory on your device.
- Right-click the “.exe” file.
- Select Properties > Compatibility.
- Locate and check the Run this program as an administrator
- Click Apply.
- Exit window.
- Restart PC.
If the error persists, try the next fix.
Method 2: Update Java & Minecraft
Minecraft is a Java-based application, and if there is any form of glitch or installation issue in the Java package, Minecraft may not respond.
To fix this, in this case, you can try updating Java, as described below:
- Go here; download the Java package and extract to a folder.
- Copy the file (from the folder).
- Open Windows Explorer: click on Win + E.
- Paste the copied file/folder in either of the following file paths:
- “For 32-bit – “C:\Program Files\Java”;
- for 64-bit – “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java”.
- Exit window and launch Minecraft Mod Manager.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- Locate and check the Executable box and replace the file path with “C:Program Files\Java” or “C:Program Files (x86)\Java”.
- Save Profile and exit program.
- Restart PC.
If the issue persists, try the next fis.
Method 3: Update/Reinstall Game
You can uninstall the game from your PC, and reinstall the latest version (from Microsoft Store or the official download site). This should resolve the whole thing.
Often times, you could be running outdated graphics drivers and/or Windows, in which case, all of the above fixes would be futile. So, ensure that your PC and graphics drivers are up-to-date.
Hope you were able to fix the Minecraft not responding’ issue?